TripAdvisor which is the world’s largest travel site has started offering new cruise features as part of a much wider dedicated cruise category.
Trip Advisor’s New Cruise Experience
TripAdvisor which is the go-to site for all things travel has expanded its cruise related offerings with the launch of several new features for the U.S. and UK. Visitors to the site can now read and write cruise ship reviews, share photos and shop for great deals.
Bryan Saltzburg, president of TripAdvisor Flights, Cruise & Car, said:
“We know our community demands the best options while traveling, and by adding awe-inspiring cruises to our platform, we’re excited to support the continued growth of the overall cruise industry by bringing cruise to the world’s largest travel audience.”
“The addition of Cruise will help solve the complexity of planning and booking a voyage, supported by the confidence of rich user generated content with reviews and photos from millions of TripAdvisor members. For example, cruisers can research and book their flight to the port, a hotel room for the night before departure, review ‘Ship-tinerary’ pages, compare cabin options, book excursions, and read reviews all in one place.”
With the new cruise related features on the site, it will make it easier for cruisers to find out more about a desired cruise destination or ship. With the huge attention, TripAdvisor has this could also help increase the number of travelers who begin to get hooked on cruising! Let’s take a look at the few cruise features:
- User-generated content – Ability to read and write reviews and share candid traveler photos.
- Ship-tinerary pages – The most comprehensive tool in cruise planning. “Ship-tineraries” deliver robust ship profiles to help users quickly get a sense of “is this the right ship for me.” Featuring traveler reviews, advice and photos, as well as detailed amenities and itineraries, “Ship-itineraries” help travelers make a more informed decision about their trip with an unbiased, detailed view of ships across cruising options.
- Price comparison – Discover deals from partners for the lowest cruise prices globally.
- Sort and filter cruises – By cabin type, itineraries, price and more.
- Large inventory – Shop more than 70 thousand cruises – from ocean and luxury to river and adventure.
Major cruise lines are embracing the new cruise reviews feature on the world’s largest travel site and that includes Carnival-owned Princess Cruises.
Gordon Ho, Princess Cruises Chief Marketing Officer explained:
“The cruise industry is growing at an incredible pace, with more travelers than ever planning their vacations at sea.”
“Having cruise represented on TripAdvisor acknowledges the growth of the sector as a vacation option and will help to introduce cruising to a massive new audience, as part of the world’s largest travel site. We’re thrilled to introduce Princess Cruises award-winning cruise experience to TripAdvisor travelers.”
Many cruise addicts may already know that one of the cruise industry’s largest sites CruiseCritic is owned by TripAdvisor and the site will still continue to be independent offering its own cruise reviews, features, and community.
TripAdvisor will expand its cruise offerings in the future with ship deck plans, more cruise lines, more ships, and content.