Oasis of the Seas has completed her mega 63-day dry dock in Cadiz, Spain and has now started sailings out of Miami, Florida.
Oasis of the Seas Completes Huge Upgrade
The Royal Caribbean operated cruise ship has completed her 63-day dry dock in Cadiz, Spain and now cruisers can start enjoying all her new features and enhancements out of PortMiami. The massive transformation cost $165 million and highlights include the Ultimate Abyss slide, a new BBQ venue, and an inspired Caribbean pool deck.
Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International, said:
“To see a 63-day, $165 million effort come to life on a ship as iconic as Oasis of the Seas is remarkable.”
“Our guests–new and fans alike–are in for an Oasis that takes family vacations to the next level. With exciting, new adventures and signature experiences, this ship is every bit as original as the day she debuted 10 years ago, almost to the day.”
What New Upgrades Does Oasis of the Seas Have?
- The Ultimate Abyss – A 10-story test of courage and the tallest slide at sea that twists and turns for the optimal thrill factor.
- The Perfect Storm – The action-packed trio of multistory waterslides known as Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell punch up the level of excitement on the pool deck.
- A reimagined, Caribbean pool deck – With Splashaway Bay kids aquapark, signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut, hammocks, casitas, in-pool loungers and live music, days and nights at sea take on a whole new meaning.Portside BBQ – Royal Caribbean’s very first barbecue restaurant serves up an authentic, meat-packed menu inspired by the best-in-class barbecue across the United States.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – With 80 big-screen TVs, tabletop games, arcade classics, an Owner’s Box VIP area, bar fare and ice-cold brews, Playmakers is where everyone in the family can enjoy themselves.
- Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr – A dynamic duo of robotic bartenders mans this guest-favorite venue.
- El Loco Fresh – Offering Mexican street fare to go, the casual spot’s menu includes made-to-order tacos, burritos, quesadillas, mini salads and more.
- Sugar Beach – With more than 220 types of candy and a new walkup ice cream window, this is the sweetest spot on board.
- Aqua80 – In the unparalleled AquaTheater, Oasis debuts a brand-new aqua show that sets jaw-dropping feats, high dives and acrobatics to iconic tunes from the 80s. Guests will take a spin back to a totally radical decade brought to life by extreme athletes and divers.
- One Sky – A new, full-scale production takes center stage in the Royal Theater. This Royal Caribbean original guides travelers through a journey of discovery with music and choreography that explores human connections.
- Spotlight Karaoke – The dedicated karaoke spot where budding singers can rock out to their favorite tunes at the venue’s main stage or in one of two private rooms.
- Music Hall – The live music venue makes its Oasis Class debut with a roster of live cover bands, an expansive dance floor, a pool table and intimate lounge seating across two levels.
- All-new Adventure Ocean – Featuring interactive, personalized and immersive experiences, the award-winning program’s major makeover encourages young guests to choose their own adventures across an entirely new layout.
- Social298 – A 360-degree transformation debuts a new, maxed-out teens lounge with gaming consoles, music, movies, places to hang out and a new outdoor deck known as The Patio.
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag – In Clash for the Crystal City, two teams on the brink of extinction– the Yetis and Snowshifters–go head to head to take control of the mythical ice city.
- Royal Escape Room – Mission Control: Apollo 18 – Guests walk into a replica of the original Apollo Mission Control Room, take their stations, and must maneuver a series of mind-bending puzzles to successfully launch Apollo 18.
The ship is also high tech and now cruisers can take advantage of the Royal Caribbean app. Guests can download the app and use it for a range of different reservations, stateroom TV and as a digital stateroom key.
She will be heading to the Big Apple in May 2020 after sailing week-long Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from Miami, Florida.