Carnival Sunrise which is formerly named Carnival Triumph has finally been transformed and departed on its inaugural voyage Norfolk, Virginia.
Carnival Sunrise Departs on Inaugural Cruise
We’ve been covering the Carnival cruise ship extensively ever since the cruise line announced the vessel would be transformed from Carnival Triumph into Carnival Sunrise. The newly upgraded cruise ship has now arrived back to the United States and has already departed on its inaugural cruise from Norfolk, Virginia on the U.S. east coast.
Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said:
“The introduction of Carnival Sunrise brings an incredibly enhanced ship to our guests with all of the popular features from across our fleet.”
“We couldn’t be more proud to introduce Carnival Sunrise in Norfolk.”
Carnival Sunrise is launching a new season of 4-day to 14-day itineraries from the Norfolk Decker Half Moone Cruise Center. The vessel will sail to cruise ports in the Caribbean, Bermuda, Bahamas, the Pana Canal, New England and Canada.
The ship will also be based out of New York, where the naming ceremony will take place on May 23 with godmother Kelly Arison.
Stephen E. Kirkland, Nauticus executive director, said:
“To be the first port in the United States to welcome Carnival Sunrise makes this a very special event for Norfolk.”
“We’re eager to roll out the red carpet for these guests, and for the staff and crew of this beautiful ship.”
The transformation which took place in Cadiz, Spain cost $200 million and a variety of new features and enhancements which Carnival has detailed below:
- Casual F&B options: Poolside venues like Guy’s Burger Joint and Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse, in collaboration with Food Network star and longtime partner Guy Fieri, BlueIguana Cantina & Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, as well as upgrades to the Lido Marketplace, an expanded ice cream station, the Java Blue coffee bar and 24-hour Pizzeria del Capitano.
- Specialty dining: The Chef’s Table fine dining experience, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, as well as Italian, sushi and seafood options.
- Shopping and Personal Care: A Cherry on Top sweet shop, Pixels photo gallery, expanded retail outlets and renovated fitness and spa facilities.
- Outdoor Decks and Attractions: A new water park with slides and a kiddie splash zone, a Serenity adults-only retreat, and a SportSquare recreation area with ropes course and mini golf.
- Youth & Family Entertainment: Dedicated Camp Ocean, Circle “C” and Club O2 facilities hosting supervised children’s programming for kids 2-17, as well as an arcade.
- Theater & Live Entertainment: The Punchliner Comedy Club in the new Limelight Lounge, Playlist Productions shows in the Liquid Lounge, live entertainment, deck parties, onboard programming and the popular sing-along piano bar.
- Staterooms and Suites: Two redesigned Captain’s Suites and updates to all staterooms.
Also Read: Sneak Peek at Inside Newly Transformed Carnival Cruise Ship
The upgrade is part of a $2 billion fleetwide enhancement program which the Carnival Victory transformation into Carnival Radiance in 2020 is also included in.
Photo: Carnival Cruise Line