Royal Caribbean has opened its $250 million newly upgraded private island destination in the Bahamas and guest have already started enjoying the new experiences.
Perfect Day at CocoCay Now Open
The cruise line has officially announced that the Perfect Day at CocoCay private island experience is now open. We knew this day would come but now thousands of guests across different Royal Caribbean cruise ships can enjoy a fun or relaxing day at the stunning island located in the Bahamas.
Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International, said:
“Royal Caribbean is the proven leader when it comes to pushing the envelope in cruise ship design and the experiences offered at sea.”
“With Perfect Day at CocoCay, we are so proud to bring our 50-year legacy of innovation ashore to transform an incredible island that now completely revolutionizes private destinations in the vacation industry. It is exciting to see what we have dreamed up finally come to life; our guests truly are in for an experience unlike any other.”
The grand opening did take place on the island over the weekend and now 11 Royal Caribbean ships will call there. The Perfect Day at CocoCay is only available for Royal Caribbean guests and is an exclusive private cruise destination.
Here’s everything which the island has to offer right now starting with all the water slides at Thrill Waterpark and then expanding out to other areas:
- Daredevil’s Peak – 135-foot-tall and the tallest waterslide in North America.
- Dueling Demon – Twin drop slides.
- Manta Raycers – Friends can race down twin open flume slides.
- Screeching Serpent – High-speed, fully vertical water slide.
- Green Mamba – A massive aqua tube slide.
- The Slingshot – A zero-gravity slide for four.
- The Twister – A winding tube slide for two on a tandem raft.
- Splash Speedway – Four-lane racing slides.
- Wave Pool – The largest wave pool in the Caribbean.
- Adventure Pool – Interactive obstacle course on water.
- Up, Up and Away – Helium balloon at 450 feet above the island.
- Oasis Lagoon – The largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean.
- Captain Jack’s – Grab a drink or snack.
- Skipper’s Grill – Complimentary lunchtime favorites.
- Captain Jill’s Galleon – Play structure loaded with swashbuckling thrills.
- Splashaway Bay – Kids water area.
- Zip Line – 1,600-foot-long zip-line course.
- Chill Island – Crystal-clear tropical waters and white powder-like sand.
- Chill Grill – The largest dining venue on the island.
- South Beach – Full of action packed sports and activities.
- Snack Shack – Grab a bite to eat.
Coco Beach Club – Opening in December 2019
- Overwater Cabanas – The first overwater cabanas in The Bahamas.
- Infinity Pool – Spanning an expansive 2,600-plus feet.
- Club and Deck Area – Beachside cabanas and daybeds along with a dining venue.
In December 2019 the private island will be fully open and Royal Caribbean has plans for further private island experiences in Asia, Australia, and the Caribbean which will be announced at a later date.