Princess Cruises has announced new restrictions and changes to some sailings due to the deadly Coronavirus outbreak.
Princess Cruises Changes Due to Coronavirus
Princess Cruises has announced new restrictions for those guests who have traveled to China, This comes after cruise lines up their response to the deadly Coronavirus and working with a response with the Cruise Lines International Association.
The cruise line is coordinating with the World Health Organization (WHO) and as a result, has come up with the following measures which are now in effect.
- Guests who have traveled from or through mainland China (including Hubei Province) in the past 14-days* will not be permitted to board the ship. This does not apply to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
- Pre-Boarding medical evaluations, including temperature checks, for persons whom, for any reason, appear or identify as symptomatic (respiratory or fever symptoms); and
- For all guests, our standard pre-boarding health reporting advising of their reporting obligations for any illness or symptoms of an illness
- Medical screening for Coronavirus on all guests who visit our onboard Medical Center with symptoms of any respiratory illness
- Reporting to local and national health authorities of all cases of fever and respiratory illness, and any patients with suspected Coronavirus infection
- Crew members from mainland China will be delayed from joining any ship until further notice. Crew members from other regions of the world who may have been scheduled to connect on flights through China have been rerouted.
- Additional environmental disinfection onboard will be performed in addition to our regular stringent cleaning and sanitation protocols.
Sister cruise line Carnival Cruise Line is also implementing the same restrictions which you can read about right here. MSC Cruises is also enforcing increased restrictions on those who have traveled to China.
Also Read: Royal Caribbean Cancels Another Sailing Due to Coronavirus
Changes to Sailings
Princess Cruises has also altered sailings out of Shanghai, China with the port being replaced by Tokyo, Japan on May 2 and on June 3. The Sapphire Princess round-trip sailings from Shanghai departing June 3, 2020, and June 11, 2020, have both been canceled.
Two cruises for the Sun Princess cruise ship are also being looked at with the removal of the transit calls to Shanghai on May 1 and July 17. Princess Cruises will provide further details to guests on those bookings once more is known.
At the moment the deadly Coronavirus continues to spread in China and across the world with over 14,000 people infected and at least 305 people now dead. Cruise Lines are stepping up controls across the world and Cruise Hive will keep readers updated.