Royal Caribbean has announced their 2020-2021 ship deployments and it includes Oasis of the Seas sailing from the Cape Liberty cruise port near New York City starting in May 2020. She will be the largest ever cruise ship to sail from the Big Apple and the entire northeast United States.
Oasis of the Seas to Cruise from New York!
This is really big news as Oasis of the Seas is the first ship ever built in her class and was the largest cruise ship in the world when she entered service in 2009.
The huge Oasis-class vessel will undergo a major bow to stern renovation in 2019. The dry dock will app the latest Royal Amplified features seen on some other ships in the fleet including Mariner of the Seas. Then starting in May 2020 the ship will begin sailing 7-day Caribbean itineraries from the Cape Liberty in Bayonne, N.J which will also include calls to the upgraded Perfect Day at CocoCay private island in the Bahamas. The ship will also offer short cruises to Canada and New England.
Anthem of the Seas to the UK
Another major highlight in the 2020-2021 deployments from Royal Caribbean is Anthem of the Seas returning to the UK for the first time in five years. The popular New York based ship will join Independence of the Seas out of Southampton, UK.
The second Quantum-class vessel will offer 8-night to 14-night itineraries including stunning destinations in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Canary Islands.
Many Options from Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean is providing great choice not just from the United States but also by sending some of the largest and newest upgraded ships to Europe too. Here is a brief rundown of what was announced for the 2020-2021 deployments by ship:
- Oasis of the Seas – Sailing from Cape Liberty, starting in May. Offering 7-night Itineraries to the Caribbean and short cruises to Canada and New England.
- Anthem of the Seas – To return to Southampton, UK sailing across Europe and the Canary Islands with 8-night to 14-night itineraries.
- Adventure of the Seas – To return to Cape Liberty. Sailing 5-night and 9-night summer and fall itineraries to Bermuda, New England and Canada, The Bahamas and the Caribbean.
- Symphony of the Seas – Returns to PortMiami and Port Canaveral, Florida. Offering 7-night eastern and western Caribbean itineraries.
- Harmony of the Seas – Returns to PortMiami and Port Canaveral, Florida. Offering 7-night eastern and western Caribbean itineraries.
- Brilliance of the Seas – Sailing 7-night to 10-night cruises to Canada starting in September from Boston. Also will return to Amsterdam for a third summer, sailing 12-night Baltic itineraries and a special 12-night sailing around the British Isles.
- Grandeur of the Seas – Will continue to sail 9-night itineraries to Canada and New England from Baltimore.
- Freedom of the Seas – Returns to San Juan, Puerto Rico for the third consecutive year to sail 7-night itineraries year-round throughout the Southern Caribbean.
- Mariner of the Seas – To continue offering 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday itineraries to The Bahamas from Port Canaveral, Florida.
- Navigator of the Seas – Will also carry on offering shorter cruises to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral.
- Independence of the Seas – Will return to Southampton, UK for 7-night to 14-night cruises around the Norwegian Fjords, Canary Islands and North Africa, Scandinavia & Russia, and Italian Mediterranean. Also a 14-night itinerary to the Baltic – a first for a Freedom Class ship.
- Allure of the Seas – To be based in Europe for the summer and fall seasons sailing 7-night Western Mediterranean itineraries that depart from Barcelona, Spain.
- Explore of the Seas – Will offer a mix of 7-night to 12-night sailings along the Greek Isles based out of Rome, Italy.
- Vision of the Seas – The ship will offer 12-night cruises across the Mediterranean from Barcelona, Spain for the summer and fall seasons.
- Rhapsody of the Seas – Returns to Venice, Italy for the summer to offer shorter itineraries, alternating between Greece & Croatia and the Greek Isles.
- Jewel of the Seas – To sail a mix of 7-night itineraries through the Norwegian Fjords and Scandinavia & Russia from Copenhagen.
Also Read: Easy Guide on Royal Caribbean Ships by Age
European itineraries will be available to book the week of Dec. 17, 2018. All itineraries will be open to book by Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members one day prior to the general opening date.