MSC Cruises has revealed new details of its new private island Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in the Bahamas.
New MSC Private Island Experiences Revealed
The fastest-growing cruise line in the world has revealed new experiences that will be on its new private island in the Bahamas. Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve is a new private island that has been developed by the cruise line. We already know many aspects of the stunning island including an iconic lighthouse, a great lagoon beach, unique beaches, seakers food court, an ice cream parlor and more.
Here are the new experiences which the cruise line has detailed and will be available for cruise passengers to enjoy when the destination opens in November 2019:
Feel a New Thrill:
- Deep Sea Fishing: Catch, Tag and Release – After a short boat ride, guests can reel in an adventure-filled day as they Catch, Tag and Release to learn about the different species of regional fish and how they migrate in one of the most famous fishing areas of the world. Gray Fish, the only tagging research center in The Bahamas, will help guests as they catch and tag their fish to report information on the specific catch. Once the fish caught and tagged, it is then released.
- Rum Rendezvous (Adults Only) – Enjoy a scenic boat ride to a stunning Bahama bank where guests can enjoy a lively, adults-only atmosphere and pristine shallow waters while sipping on complimentary rum punch, surrounded by live music and dancing.
- Ceclo Luxury Electric Pedalo Rentals – Explore or simply slowly drift for hours in the tranquility of the beautiful Bahamian waters on the newest invention on the market, the Ceclo – the luxury yacht of pedal boats, with electric assistance ready for all your adventures and made of recycled champagne cork, wood, and aluminum.
- Glow Night-time Stand-Up Paddle Boarding – Discover the marine life after dark and enjoy a calm evening paddle under a starry sky with a specially equipped stand-up paddle board, fitted with LED illumination that allows guests to glide on a beam of light across the calm waters of The Bahamas.
Fun for the Whole Family:
- Ocean Cay Family Club – The whole family sets out on a great adventure across the island to help Captain Doremi save the island while learning about the environment and animal species living on the land, and how to preserve the island and oceans around them.
- The Bahama Bank Escape (Family Tour) – This tour is fun for the whole family aboard a spacious double decker power catamaran. The captain and crew take families on a charming boat ride to Bahama Banks where visitors can splash around in the shallow tropical waters, enjoy sport activities and relax on the beach with complimentary local rum punch for adults.
- Kids Beachside Stargazing Adventure – This fun learning activity for kids allows them to discover everything about the universe, planets, stars, time and space. Led by Captain Doremi, children will help a little star find her way back home to the skies through stories, games and riddles.
The Perfect Setting for a Touch of Romance:
- Honeymoon Harbour Stingray Adventure – Interact with a variety of different ray species including the local friendly stingrays on an adventurous boat ride to Honeymoon Harbour where guests can also enjoy the gorgeous beaches and lighthouse on Gun Cay.
- Sunset Beach Picnic – A romantic picnic on the beach awaits couples looking for a secluded experience while enjoying the sunset and blue Bahamian sea over a bottle of wine and picnic basket of snacks.
Four different MSC vessels will begin calling at the island in November with the first being MSC Meraviglia on Saturday, November 9, 2019. MSC Divina, MSC Armonia, and MSC Seaside will also be sailing to the private destination.
Ocean Cay is located 65 miles from Miami, Florida and is an essential port of call for the cruise line which has huge growth plans for the North American market.