Dream Cruises has announced the longest cruise ship at sea which will be featured on the new Global class cruise ship arriving in early 2021.
Longest Roller Coaster at Sea Announced!
We were excited when Carnival Cruise Line announced the first roller coaster at sea for the Mardi Gras which enters service in 2020 but now the largest roller coaster at sea has been announced. Dream Cruises which is a luxury cruise line based in Asia will feature the “Space Cruiser,” a roller coaster ride that will be on the first Global Class vessel from the cruise line arriving in early 2021.
Mr. Michael Goh, President of Dream Cruises & Head of International Sales, Genting Cruise Lines, said:
“Dream Cruises is excited to unveil the innovative and exciting “Space Cruiser” on board the newest addition to our fleet, the first Global Class ship named Global Dream, which is set to debut in early 2021.”
“As part of our commitment to develop the most technologically advanced cruise ships in the world, the newly constructed Global Class ships will dazzle guests with cutting edge features and facilities that will optimize convenience for our passengers and also provide innovative leisure, entertainment and recreation options to appeal to a broad range of guests.”
The Space Cruiser will be apart of the “Dream park at the Pier,” a first-ever theme park concept which will include a range of different experiences for guests to enjoy. The thrilling ride is being developed by Maurer Rides, the same company which is developing The Bolt roller coaster on the Carnival Mardi Gras cruise ship.
The 300-meter track will allow acceleration over 1g almost anywhere and “guarantees a spectacular and breathtaking ride at up 37 mph over the heads of fellow passengers” stated the cruise line CEO. Each cart will provide interactive driving for up to two riders and guests can control the speed of the ride.
Also Included at the Dream park at the Pier will be:
- “Bounce Activity Park” – Spread out over the size of a basketball court, this inflatable park isn’t the same old bouncy castles found at kiddie parties. Guests can run, bounce, dance and jump their way around the massive bouncy obstacle course for the ultimate nostalgia trip.
- “Jump!” – Bounce around to your heart’s content in a special trampoline park that will have you jumping for joy!
- “Shark Bay” – Unleash your inner daredevil on our bungee trampoline. Accomplish acrobatic feats while attached to a safety harness for maximum fun.
- “Wipe Out” – Ride the waves at our on board surf simulator. Whether you hang ten or hang out, you’ll have a wet and wild time with your friends.
- “Cosmic Chaos” – Spin, twirl, give it a whirl. Become a human gyro and get ready to tumble.
- “Kranky Kraken” – Kiddies can make friends with our amiable octopus and fly around in one of his many arms.
- “Little Dreamers Ride” – Tiny tots can test their driving skills in our mini karts for some race-car hijinks – all in a safe and controlled environment.
- And much, much more!
The first cruise ship in this new class will be named Global Dream and is currently under construction at the MV Werften shipyard in Germany. Once completed, the giant vessel will be 208,000 gross tons with a maximum passenger capacity of over 9,000 across 2,500 cabins.
Images: Dream Cruises