Holland America Line has announced a further pause on select departures all the way into early 2021 including departures from Canada and Hawaii.
Six Cruise Ships Impacted by Further Cancellations
Six Holland America cruise ships have been impacted by further cancellations in select regions. The further extension on the suspension of cruises affects departures from the Port of Vancouver, British Columbia and Canada for the remainder of 2020. Also, select Hawaii itineraries will no longer take place into early 2021.
The Carnival cruise brand has detailed the vessels and itineraries which will no longer be taking place including cruises that feature Panama Canal, Hawaii, Pacific Coastal and South America:
- Sept. 26, 2020, 22-day Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sept. 26, 2020, seven-day Pacific Northwest cruise from Vancouver to San Diego, California.
- Jan. 16 and Feb. 2, 2021, Circle Hawaii Voyages roundtrip from San Diego.
- Sept. 21, 2020, 16-day Mexico and Sea of Cortez itinerary from Vancouver to San Diego.
- Sept. 27, 2020, 14-day North Pacific Crossing from Vancouver to Yokohama, Japan.
- Sept. 30, Oct. 3 and Oct. 10, 2020, three- and seven-day Pacific Northwest and coastal cruises from Vancouver.
- Sept. 20, 2020, 17-day Circle Hawaii cruise roundtrip from Vancouver.
- Oct. 7, 2020, 23-day Inca Discovery voyage from Vancouver to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.
The cancellations also include the shorter segments which were on offer including any back-to-back bookings. There will be a huge disappointment but unfortunately, the cruise line has been forced due to an extended ban on cruise ships by Canada.
Other cruise lines including Royal Caribbean and Princess Cruises have also cancelled more cruises because of this. The Canadian government put a further ban on passenger ships over a capacity of 100 until October 31, 2020, you can read the full details right here.
Holland America Line is offering three options for guests. There is a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) option of a 125% of the base of the fare if the booking has already been paid in full. If guests have not yet paid in full they will receive an FCC of the double the amount paid for the deposit.
The future credit can be used within 12 months from the date of issue and can be used on departures through December 31, 2022. There is also a full refund option of the price paid for the voyage and guests will need to request this no later than July 15, 2020.
Do also check the terms and conditions before making your decision. Now is a good time to get a good price but many would also prefer to wait until the global situations improves.
As previously announced, Holland America Line extended its pause of global cruise operations and cancelled all Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England cruises for 2020. In addition, Amsterdam will not operate the 79-day Grand Africa Voyage.
Photo Credit: Petra Nowack / Shutterstock.com