Royal Caribbean has announced that Explorer of the Seas will undergo a huge $110 million amplification.
Explorer of the Seas Dry Dock Upgrade
Royal Caribbean is going to be spending big on renovating the Explorer of the Seas cruise ship. The cruise line will invest $110 million in making sure the ship is in topnotch condition with all the latest new features.
The biggest highlights of the new upgrades is The Perfect Storm racer waterslides, a totally re-inspired pool area, and new public spaces. All the new updates will be added by May 7, 2020.
Here’s everything which will be added or upgraded:
- The Perfect Storm, the popular duo of waterslides, raise the stakes and friendly competition. Guests with the need for speed will race each other through three stories of twists and turns on Cyclone and Typhoon
- A reimagined poolscape brings a new, resort-style look and all-day island vibes, making for the ultimate place to unwind under the sun or stars with a wider variety of seating, from hammocks and daybeds to casitas and in-pool loungers. Adults looking for alone time can escape to the rejuvenated Solarium
- The Lime & Coconut is Royal Caribbean’s signature, poolside bar. The three-level slice of the Caribbean will serve up live music, vacation-mode cocktails and the best views of the action on board as well as the Mediterranean landscape from the rooftop deck
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is the cruise line’s new take on its signature Italian restaurant. The reimagined trattoria will welcome guests to a casual setting and offer classics with a contemporary flair. From hand-tossed pizzas fresh out of the oven and made to order, to charcuterie delights, the elevated menu caps off this “Sunday supper” experience with a wide selection of wines and limoncellos from many of Italy’s well-known regions
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, the high-energy spot where guests can root for their home team as the game plays across 52 TVs. On offer will be an extensive menu of bar fare favorites with a twist and ice-cold brews, games of all kinds – arcade classics, trivia, tournaments and pool; and the Owner’s Box VIP area
- Johnny Rockets Express makes its way poolside with American favorites – even spiked shakes
- A standalone Starbucks comes aboard with its signature menu of drinks and pastries
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag debuts in Studio B, the venue that doubles as an ice-skating rink for guests and jaw-dropping shows. The latest Royal Caribbean challenge, Clash for the Crystal City will bring two clans – the Yetis and Snowshifters – head to head in the ultimate faceoff to escape extinction
- The new Adventure Ocean will come to life following a major makeover. The award-winning program for younger guests and their families introduces an open, imaginative layout with whimsical and immersive activities. Kids 6 to 12 years old can choose their own adventure, while babies and 3- to 5-year-olds enjoy specially designed spaces for each age group
- An exclusive teens hangout will sport a whole new look and features, including the latest in movies, gaming and music, and the addition of a private outdoor deck
The Royal Caribbean cruise ship will sail the Eastern Caribbean and will be the first amplified ship in the fleet to cruise from Civitavecchia, Italy. Cruises will start from May 7, 2020, with 7-night and 9-night itineraries on offer including calls to the Greek isles such as the stunning Santorini to Mykonos, Greece.
The newly amplified Explorer of the Seas will then head to the Caribbean with 5-night and 9-night eastern and southern Caribbean sailings out of Miami, Florida.
Explorer of the Seas will be the fourth Voyager-class vessel to receive the Royal Amplifies upgrade. The upgrade is part of a huge investment of more than $1 billion to upgrade 10 ships in four years.