Thanks to a new ruling, British based Cunard Line welcomes first same-sex marriage booking.
Cruisers across the globe are celebrating and now the first same-sex couple has booked their wedding with Cunard Line. A recent Supreme Court ruling in Bermuda allows the cruise line to host same-sex marriages as the ships are registered there.
Josh Leibowitz, senior vice president, Cunard North America, said:
“Cunard is proud to become among the first cruise lines to offer same-sex marriages at sea.” “Cunard has brought people together through travel for over 175 years, and we’re proud to mark another milestone in our company’s history as we welcome our first gay marriage booking and many other marriages to come.”
Couples can now take advantage of the married package which the cruise line offers. The Cunard Wedding at Sea package includes:
- A romantic ceremony at sea conducted by the Captain*
- Wedding ceremony venue with floral arrangements
- Traditional wedding music
- Services of the on-board Wedding Coordinator
- Attendance of a professional photographer at the ceremony
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- An official copy of the marriage certificate
- The cost of the license fees
- A bottle of Champagne in the cabin on arrival
- Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- Invitations and thank you notes
- Wedding outfit pressing service
While we’re all in the wedding mood why not have a read of our article to make your cruise wedding unique, take a look here.