The World Dream cruise ship operated by Dream Cruises remains under quarantine in Hong Kong as tests for Coronavirus continue.
World Dream Under Quarantine in Hong Kong
World Dream is the second cruise ship which remains under quarantine due to the deadly Coronavirus. Even though there have not yet been any confirmed cases onboard there were three guests from a previous sailing that were confirmed to be infected after disembarking. They were apparently on the ship for the January 19 departure from Guangzhou, China to Vietnam.
As a precaution, the health authorities in Hong Kong quarantined the vessel when it arrived into port and the Asian based cruise line submitted all passenger details to the authorities and continues to work with them.
Dream Cruises has released photos from the ship taken by Mr. Guo of crew members sanitizing wearing masks and protective gear:
As of writing this, there are no cases of the Coronavirus onboard with the current set of passengers and crew. In the latest details from the cruise line, 33 crew members reported symptoms of upper respiratory infections and were all confirmed to be negative. 1 more crew member is now awaiting a result. No more crew members will be tested.
For passengers, the tests continue and no doubt further updates on that front will be released in the coming hours and days. There are 3,600 guests aboard and they all remain under quarantine.
Dream Cruises is doing a number of things onboard to protect passengers and crew along with keeping everyone comfortable, here what’s being done:
- Ensure that there are enough supplies on board for passengers and staff.
- Continue to provide mask free for passengers in need.
- Continue to provide room cleaning services on a daily basis and make arrangements for actual guest requests.
- Open multiple restaurants, offer free meals and extended opening hours to distribute guests.
- Staff provide meal delivery services as per passenger request.
- Fully open free wifi on board.
- Entertainment and recreation activities have been stopped to avoid crowding crowds and movie options have been increased.
- Assist relatives of passengers at cruise pier and transfer emergency supplies to passengers on board.
- Family members of babies under 9 years of age have been contacted and baby milk powder and diapers are provided free of charge.
- There are two doctors on board who can provide free consultation services; however, they cannot provide prescription drugs because there is no past medical records of passengers.
It is not yet known when the quarantine will end but likely to be at least 14 days to make sure there are no more new cases. At the moment according to the World Health Organization (WHO), 41,420 people have been infected around the world and 638 have died.
- Royal Caribbean Passengers Tested for Coronavirus After Arriving Back in New Jersey
- Princess Cruise Ship Has 41 New Coronavirus Infections
- Confirmed Coronavirus Infections on Quarantined Cruise Ship Increases to 20
- Quarantined Cruise Ship Cancels Next Sailing as Guests Tested for Coronavirus
- Princess Cruises Announces Restrictions and Amended Sailings
- Iconic Cruise Ship Cancels Visits to Hong Kong Due to Coronavirus
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces New Restrictions Due to Coronavirus