Holland America Line will return to the Port of Tampa, Florida in 2020 with new western and southern Caribbean cruises.
Veendam to Sail Caribbean Cruises from Tampa
The Carnival-owned cruise line will be returning to Tampa, Florida in with the Veendam cruise ship. western and southern Caribbean cruises will be offered from the port starting in November 2020 through March 2021.
The ship will sail a full season of 18 Caribbean cruises and include five-day to 14-day itineraries with a wide choice which cruisers can choose from.
“Port Tampa Bay is a fantastic homeport that opens up a wonderful ability to sail further west and south in the Caribbean for more diverse itinerary offerings.”
“We’re excited to return to Tampa and give our guests an even wider selection of Caribbean cruises as well as provide a convenient drive market for cruisers along the west coast of Florida.”
For sailings in the Western Caribbean Veendam will offer four different seven-day itineraries and in the southern Caribbean, there will be three different 14-day cruises along with a 5-day and 12-day choices. Here are the highlights:
- A special five-day cruise to Key West, Florida, and Cozumel, Mexico, kicks off the season Nov. 3, 2020.
- Four different seven-day itinerary options take cruising to the edge of the western Caribbean. Ports feature Belize City, Belize; Mahogany Bay and Banana Coast (Trujillo), Honduras; Costa Maya, Mexico; Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala; and Key West.
- Three variations of a 14-day southern Caribbean sailing explores deeper into the islands of the region. Highlights include Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis; Castries, Saint Lucia; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Oranjestad, Aruba; Philipsburg, Saint Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Saint Johns, Antigua and Barbuda; Saint Thomas, U.S.V.I; Willemstad, Curaçao; Key West and Costa Maya.
- One 12-day southern Caribbean sailing departing March 28, 2020, that features Key West, San Juan, Oranjestad and Willemstad among its eight ports.
- Many of the cruises can be extended by combing two back to back into Collectors’ Voyages of 19 or 21 days for less than the cost of each cruise individually.
The cruise fares start from $549 per person not including any additional fees such as taxes and port fees. All the sailings will also include up to $800 of shipboard credit as part of Holland America’s Explore4 program. there are even more benefits towards booking the cruises if done by October 31, 2019.