Celebrity Cruises has launched a new app for Celebrity Edge, the newest and most innovative new cruise ship to ever join the fleet.
New Celebrity Edge App
Now that Celebrity Edge has arrived in the U.S. and set to begin her regular service of Caribbean cruises in December the cruise line has introduced a new app. The Celebrity Edge Access Tour app will be a new way to tour the new ship which uses 3-D augmented reality technology.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO, Richard Fain, said:
“This is not your standard museum audio tour. With the new Celebrity Edge Access Tour app, we augmented the reality of the ship with a 3-D tour of the behind-the-scenes stories available right in the palm of our guests’ hands.”
The eye-opening tour showcases more than a dozen of Celebrity Edge’s most innovative spaces to guests on board, including:
- The Grand Plaza: Spanning three decks at the heart of the ship, this spectacular Italian piazza-inspired space acts as the epicenter of Celebrity Edge and the start of this innovative tour
- Magic Carpet: This transformative venue is world’s first cantilevered, floating platform that reaches heights of 13 stories above sea level along the ship’s exterior
- Resort Deck: Revolutionary in its vision, this outward-facing space offers endless ways for guests to enjoy the outdoors and connect with the sea
- Rooftop Garden: A living, outdoor playscape offering everything from live concerts to dinner and movie under the stars
- Eden: A unique venue where state-of-the-art design is fused with culinary and entertainment to excite guests’ every sense
- Guests can also take a 360-degree peek at the Galley, the Bridge, the Engine Control Room, and the luxurious new Edge Launches
Celebrity Edge will begin Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises starting on December 6, 2018. The ship will sail back across the Atlantic to offer 7-night to 11-night Mediterranean cruises.