Celebrity Equinox has become the first Solstice class cruise ship to complete the “The Celebrity Revolution” upgrade program.
Celebrity Equinox Completes Upgrade
Celebrity Equinox has complete a major dry dock transformation as part of Celebrity Cruises “The Celebrity Revolution” $500 million investment program. The ship is now the third to be brought closer to the newest ship in the fleet which is currently the Celebrity Edge. She is also the first Solstice-class vessel to receive these enhancements.
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises, said:
“Celebrity Equinox holds a very special place in the hearts of everyone at Celebrity Cruises, and also for our guests; this one-of-a-kind ship continues to be the most awarded in our entire fleet.”
“Now, emerging from her dramatic modernization, our guests are going to love the new, ‘revolutionized’ Celebrity Equinox even more. There is no better way to experience the Caribbean year-round than on board this stunning ship.”
Celebrity Cruises has detailed all the enhancements added during the 29-day dry dock which took place in Cadiz, Spain from May 4, 2019:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
- The awe-inspiring Qsine (formerly Silk Harvest) will feature both the brand-exclusive Le Petit Chef and Friends and the original Le Petit Chef, two amazing dining experiences developed in partnership with TableMation and Skullmapping that bring the tabletop to life using innovative 4k technology
- A completely reimagined Passport Bar, perfect for mixing and mingling before and after dinner
- An exciting new creation, Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, mouthwatering comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide with stunning enhancements designed with guest comfort in mind, now all featuring Celebrity’s exclusive eXhale bedding collection with luxurious king-sized Cashmere mattresses
- The launch of an exciting new partnership with the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, featuring S.T.E.M.-focused activations and unique, first-at-sea programming offered as part of the popular Camp at Sea for young cruisers
- Impressive digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi
- Guests will also now be able to experience the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, which enables smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
- Unique new treatments and products offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, including three new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs at the Canyon Ranch Blow-Out Bar, Mink and Rapid Lash services, and new customized facials by Reveal Machine, among others
- World-class retail offerings, including John Hardy Boutique, Kate Spade, and a new watch boutique featuring Shinola, Hublot and other Swiss watch brands
More than 500 skilled workers were involved in transforming the ship including engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees and even the teams from the cruise line.
Also Read: 12 Things to Do on a Celebrity Edge Cruise
The 122,000-ton vessel is now sailing eastern and western week-long cruises from Fort Luaderdale, Florida. The ship has a passenger capacity of over 2,800 at double occupancy.