Celebrity Summit has completed a dramatic upgrade in the Bahamas and has returned to service showcasing new features and enhancements.
Celebrity Summit Dry Dock Completed
The Celebrity cruise ship is now the second to be upgraded as part of the $500-million fleet-wide modernization named “The Celebrity Revolution.”
The dry dock took place at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, Bahamas and lasted for 31-days starting on February 17, 2019. Engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors and members of the cruise line were involved in making sure the ship was totally updated in just about all areas.
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises said:
“Celebrity Summit is one of the most popular ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet and we’re excited to share the revolutionized design with the world.”
“Celebrity Summit is better than she’s ever been – with modernized spaces and exciting new experiences, and she’s the first of our ships to feature our partnerships with American Ballet Theatre and Chef Daniel Boulud.”
What Was Done During Dry Dock?
Everything was covered and some highlights include redesigned staterooms and suites; The Retreat was added with a new sundeck and redesigned lounge; renovated bars, restaurants, and lunges along with fully redesigned Spa and Casino.
Staterooms and Suites
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA and refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms, with state-of-the-art finishes and fixtures
- An all-new exclusive open-air hideaway – known as The Retreat Sundeck – for suite guests designed by Hoppen, featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge – formerly Michael’s Club – an exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite guests designed by Hoppen, offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites and concierge service
- A total of 30 new staterooms, including 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, seven new Ocean View Staterooms and 10 new Inside Staterooms
- A transformed Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and delicious, globally inspired culinary offerings
- A revitalized Main Dining Room with more seating and updated fixtures, including the eye-catching ceiling design featuring interlocking metal rings and lighting
- A reimagined Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- A reimagined Rendezvous Lounge, perfect for hosting events and entertainment from day to night.
- Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the ship, and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- Boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world including Shinola, John Hardy, and TAG Heuer
- A new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea, transforming the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, where therapeutic spaces and experiences, such as Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy
- An enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery, plus a sleek and sophisticated new design for The Casino both in partnership with HBA
- A redesigned Casino Bar, poised to be one of the most exciting places aboard to celebrate
- State-of-the-art slot machines that make The Casino one of the most cutting-edge gaming experiences at sea
Celebrity Summit is currently sailing a 5-night cruise from San Juan Puerto Rico including calls at St. Kitts, St. Croix and Antigua. The ship is 91,000 gross tons with a guest capacity of over 1,900 at double occupancy.
Celebrity Equinox will become the third Celebrity ship to undergo a major dry dock as part of the multi-million dollar program in May 2019. Another six more Celebrity vessels will be refurbished by 2023.