Celebrity Millennium has completed a major 35-day dry dock in Singapore. The newly upgraded ship resumed cruises on February 9.
Celebrity Millennium Upgraded
The Celebrity cruise ship has been upgraded with new features after completing a 35-day dry dock which took place in Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. The bow to stern renovation is part of “The Celebrity Revolution” program which is an investment of $500 million to upgrade many ships in the fleet. Celebrity Millennium is actually the first ship to receive the update in the program.
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises, said:
“This is such an exciting moment for us as we finally get to share the new Celebrity Millennium with the world”
“She has been transformed from top to bottom. I want to share my deepest gratitude with the teams who have worked so hard to make this happen, and I can’t wait for our guests to experience this revolution in travel for themselves.”
The upgrade has been huge with redesigned staterooms and suites, reimagined bars and restaurants, updated casino and spa, and even a new “The Retreat space for suite guests which includes an exclusive sun deck and lounge.
Thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity teams have been involved at the shipyard making sure Celebrity Millennium offers a refreshed experience for guests to enjoy.
What Was Done?
The cruise line has detailed all the new features and enhancements below:
- Refreshed suite design and finishes by Hoppen
- The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms with all-new finishes and fixtures
- Advanced RFID lock technology with digital key access has been added to every stateroom door
- A total of 30 new staterooms being added, including 13 new aqua class staterooms, seven new ocean view staterooms, and 10 new inside staterooms
- Upgraded Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and globally inspired culinary offerings
- Upgraded Main Restaurant, with more seating and updated fixtures
- Redesigned Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- Redesigned Rendezvous Lounge hosting events and entertainment from day to night, with everything from a newly enlarged bar serving up tantalizing cocktails to a quiet reading nook for curling up with a book
- Advanced pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi has been enabled on the ship to help keep guests connected
- New boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world, including Shinola, John Hardy, and Hublot
- A new, wellness-focused Spa design by renowned New York design firm Krause Sawyer will transform the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- A new salon featuring services such as a blow dry bar and luxury manicures and pedicures designed for the ultimate in relaxation
- A newly enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, where new therapeutic spaces and experiences, such a Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy, combine to create the ultimate wellness journey within this tranquil, soothing escape
- Enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery by HBA
- A sleek and sophisticated new Casino design in partnership with HBA
- A newly redesigned Casino Bar that’s poised to be one of the most exciting places aboard to celebrate
- Introducing brand new, state-of-the-art slot machines that make The Casino one of the most cutting-edge gaming experiences at sea
Now we know why the dry dock was 25-days! So much was done to the ship which is now back in service and on a 7-night cruise to China. Celebrity Millennium joined the fleet in 2000 and is 91,000 gross tons with a guest capacity of over 1,900 at double occupancy.
The next ship in the fleet to be upgraded is Celebrity Summit so do follow Cruise Hive on all the latest.