Carnival Cruise Line has announced that Carnival Victory will be transformed into Carnival Radiance during a huge dry dock in Spain in 2020. The change follows in the footsteps of Carnival Triumph to Carnival Sunrise which will happen in 2019.
Carnival Victory to be Renamed Carnival Radiance
The Carnival cruise ship which entered service in October 2000 will undergo a huge dry dock in Cadiz, Spain. Carnival Victory will be completely transformed and renamed as Carnival Radiance. The dry dock will take place over 38-days starting from March 18 to April 26, 2020, and is costing $200 million as part of a $2 billion fleet enhancement program.
Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said:
“Carnival Radiance will offer unprecedented opportunities for our guests to Choose Fun across our entire fleet and enjoy the widest variety of culinary, beverage and entertainment options at sea.”
“This investment in Carnival Radiance and our many other refurbishment projects reflects our continued commitment to providing our guests with a fun, high quality vacation experiences across the Carnival fleet regardless of what ship they’re sailing on.”
Carnival has not yet released details of the Carnival Radiance itinerary after the dry dock in 2020 or where the ship will be based. The cruise line will release those details in mid-November so do keep checking Cruise Hive for that.
What’s Being Added During Dry Dock?
Carnival Cruise Line has detailed what will be found onboard Carnival Radiance once the dry dock is complete. The ship will be refreshed with new outdoor deck attractions, entertainment, dining venues, and even enhanced services like super fast Wi-Fi and an updated Carnival Hub app experience. There will also be a new dining venue surprise which will be revlead at a later date.
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line’s popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as “spiked” coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Sushi: a full-service Asian restaurant offering a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and other delicacies from the Far East.
- The Chef’s Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a open-air eatery featuring “real deal” BBQ favorites created by Food Network start and longtime partner Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: a casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other New England-inspired fare; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
- RedFrog Pub: featuring the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: a new twist on Carnival’s popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun.
- Limelight Lounge: home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away.
- New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that’s home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line’s high-tech Playlist Productions revues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
- SportSquare: a suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult-Only Retreat: an adults-only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
- Cloud 9 Spa: designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping experience featuring reimagined retail outlets with an expanded assortment of jewelry, watches, fragrances, along with the line’s own branded spaces including The Carnival Store.
Also Read: A Simple Guide on Carnival Ships by Size
Carnival Cruise Line Grows
Miami-based Carnival Cruise Line has worked hard on upgrading the fleet with new features which can fit any type of cruise itinerary. Once the transformation of Carnival Radiance is complete the cruise line will continue to focus on making sure guests have the best experience possible. This will be done by making sure technology is the best it can be including an even better Carnival Hub App, internet services and more. A part of that is our recent post on a Pizza Delivery service being tested on one Carnival cruise ship, read about here.
Carnival launched its fleet enhancement program in 2011. Since that time, it has completed refurbishments to more than 20 ships, taken delivery of three new ships and has three additional ships scheduled for delivery through 2022.
Also Read: 10 Items Just for Those Who Love Carnival Cruise Line
Since the enhancement program was launched the cruise line has grown from 4.1 million guests to 5.2 million annually. Carnival cruise ships are now offering 1,7000 sailings per year from 1.400 back in 2011.
Right now a lot of attention is on the Carnival Sunshine which is a very similar ship. She’s undergoing a dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas which will be completed on October 20.