Carnival Cruise Line has announced that Carnival Triumph will be renamed Carnival Sunrise after a huge multi-million dollar dry dock in Spring 2019. The ship will be transformed and upgraded.
Carnival Sunrise is Coming!
The Carnival cruise ship will be transformed into Carnival Sunrise just like what the cruise line did with Carnival Destiny into Carnival Sunshine in 2013. The ship will undergo a 200 Million bow to stern transformation in Spring 2019 and it will last for an entire 2 months! The dry dock will take place in Cadiz, Spain starting on March 1, 2019. The vessel will become part of the Sunshine class.
Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said:
“The introduction of Carnival Sunrise will provide our guests with an array of exciting dining, bar and entertainment choices. The new Carnival Sunrise is part of our multi-billion-dollar ship enhancement program that is transforming our fleet on an unprecedented scale.”
What Will Be Added to Carnival Sunrise?
Carnival has released all the details of what will be added during the transformation, take a look below which includes all the latest FUN 2.0 upgrades already found on other ships in the fleet. There will also be some new additions for guests to enjoy.
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line’s popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as “spiked” coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- The Chef’s Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Cherry on Top: The “sweetest spot on board,” an expanded Cherry on Top features bulk candy, fanciful gifts, custom apparel and a Carnival Adventures shop.
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a casual open-air eatery featuring “real deal” BBQ favorites created by Food Network star Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: A casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other New England-inspired fare; The Deli with sandwiches and paninis; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Carnival Sunrise Bars
- RedFrog Pub: Featuring the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: A new twist on Carnival’s popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun.
- Limelight Lounge: Home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away.
- New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that’s home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line’s high-tech Playlist Productions revues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
Open Deck and Fun Spaces
- SportSquare: A suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult-Only Retreat: An adult only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
Expanded Cloud 9 Spa and More
- Cloud 9 Spa: Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- Modern, Spacious Facilities for Kids and Teens: including a new Camp Ocean, a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11, along with new spaces for Circle “C” aimed at 12- to 14-year olds and Club O2 geared to those 15-17.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line’s own branded spaces like Hip Fish and The Carnival Store.
Gus Antorcha, Carnival’s chief operating officer, said:
“These new dining spaces and features complement many of Carnival’s signature food and beverage outlets that were added during previous renovations, including Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Guy Fieri.”
“Carnival’s investments are part of an overall plan that is raising the bar on ship amenities and features, itineraries and offshore excursions that our guests are loving.”
Carnival Sunrise Itineraries
The newly transformed ship will re-enter service with a series of 5-day to 7-day cruises out of Norfolk, Virginia starting on April 29, 2019. The 7-day voyage will include calls in Half Moon Cay and Freeport, both in the Bahamas. There will be two 5-day cruises departing on May 12 and 17, 2019. these cruises will include calls in Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas. 6-day cruises will depart the homeport on May 6, October 14 and then finally on the 20, 2019. The voyages will call in Half Moon Cay, Nassau, and Freeport.
After these sailings out of Norfolk, the Carnival Sunrise will be based out New York offering a series of 4-day to 14-day itineraries. The cruises will start on May 23, 2019. The ship will also sail longer Carnival Journey sailings with a 10-day eastern Caribbean cruise and a 14-day cruise which includes the Panama Canal.
Carnival Sunrise will reposition once again to Fort Lauderdale, Florida offering 4-day and 5-day cruises starting on October 28, 2019. The 4-day itinerary will include calls in Carnival’s private island of Half Moon Cay, Princess Cays, Grand Turk and Nassau. The 5-day itinerary will feature Cuba along with calls in the Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Grand Turk
Carnival Cruise Line has already opened up bookings for all the itineraries we mentioned above so do check their site to know more.