Carnival Cruise Line has announced the Carnival imagination will undergo a three-week multi-million dollar refurbishment. The Fantasy class ship will be getting some of the latest features already seen on other ships in the fleet.
The huge upgrade will include several new bars and dining concepts including Guy’s Burger Joint, Cocktail Pharmacy-Themed Alchemy Bar, BlueIguana Cantina Mexican Eatery, Among Diverse Array of New Shipboard Options. The dry dock will begin on September 4 and be completed on September 25, 2016.
Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line said:
“Carnival Imagination provides a convenient, value-packed West Coast cruise option and with these new enhancements we’re making this fantastic ship even better. With three year-round cruise ships sailing from Long Beach, Carnival is the number one cruise line in Southern California and the investment we’re making to enhance the Carnival Imagination further bolsters our leadership position in this important market,”
Find below details of the new additions coming this September:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
- BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- Alchemy Bar, a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge where mixologists “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
Cherry On Top, the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more.
One the grand makeover is complete Carnival imagination will continue with its year-round schedule of 3 and 4-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, California. On this route, three-day cruises depart Thursdays and visit Ensenada while four-day voyages depart Sundays and call at Ensenada and Catalina Island. You can find more cruise ship refurbishment details at our dedicated page.