Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection which is backed by Warren Buffet has launched its first ever cruise product. The company has announced WaveCare which provides cruise insurance, something which all cruisers should be getting before a cruise vacation.
WaveCare Launched by Warren Buffet Company
The travel protection company has launched its first ever cruise product called “WaveCare” which is for cruise insurance. The new product has been specifically catered for cruise travelers and isn’t just general to traveling.
Dean Sivley, president of Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, said:
“WaveCare is expressly designed for the fastest growing sector of the industry, cruising.”
“Our comprehensive solution provides cruisers with higher medical and evacuation coverage limits for their trip and introduces BHTP’s innovative fixed benefit in the event the cruise is disabled along the way.”
BHTP Wave Care provides a range of coverage and benefits just for cruisers no matter what cruise line they will be booking with. Let’s take a look at what they are offering:
- Up to $750,000 in medical evacuation coverage, BHTP’s highest limits
- Up to $75,000 in emergency travel medical insurance
- A fixed benefit of $500 when the traveler is confined on board for more than five hours because the cruise ship is disabled
- Comprehensive trip cancellation, interruption, delay, missed connection, and baggage protection
- A pre-existing condition waiver when insurance is purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit date
- 24/7 global travel assistance
It is extremely important to take out cruise insurance as you never know what can happen before during or after the voyage. Luggage can easily be lost and traveling to the cruise port is an important aspect too. Berkshire Hataway has also announced enhancements to its AirCare offering for flights.